Website Madcherry Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Luv 2 Serve U..
Job Title: Housekeeping – Supervisor
Job Brief: We are looking for a housekeeping Supervisor from hospitality industry who can handle and manage team and other housekeeping responsibilities in Boutique hotel.
Job Type: Full time
Type of outlet: Boutique hotel
Work mode: On site
Work Location: Chembur, Navi Mumbai
*Note: Candidate applying for the above post should be from nearby location (From Navi Mumbai, Mumbai)
Interview: Vikhroli, Mumbai
Shift Timings: 9 + 1 working hours (Rotating shifts)
Working: 6 days working 1 day holiday (Rotating holidays)
Experience: Minimum experience of 1 year as housekeeping supervisor from any well established hotels can apply.
*Note: Candidate having relevant experience from hospitality industry would be considered as experienced or will be considered as fresher.
Salary slab: (Min) Rs.15,000/- Per month – (Max) Rs.20,000/- Per month
Education qualification: Diploma, Post graduate, Bachelor (BHM) in Hotel Management
*Note: Mandate knowledge of Chemicals R1-R9
Housekeepers supervisor are responsible for cleaning and sanitising, reporting any safety hazards to the homeowner or manager in charge. They must complete tasks like vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, dusting shelves, cleaning, mopping floors, makes beds and changes linens, cleans and sanitises bathrooms, showers, toilets, sinks, and countertops, replenishes toiletries and towels, etc. Monitors setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of allocated areas. Supervises and trains the staff to outlets standards of excellence.
Work experience as a housekeeping supervisor with industrial cleaning equipment and products Good physical health and stamina Flexibility to work in shifts Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards, excellent organisation skills, ability to follow instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Mandate knowledge of Chemicals R1-R9
- Change bed linen and make beds
- Remove and replace used towels and toiletries
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust furniture, and polish guest rooms
- Replenish bath care products (e.g. soap and shampoo)
- Restock beverages and food items in the mini-bar
- Clean public areas, like corridors
- Report any technical issues and maintenance needs
- Address guests’ queries (e.g. on additional services)
- Help guests retrieve lost items
- Ensure all assigned rooms are clean and tidy by the end of the shift
- Follow hotel security guidelines
- Stock and sort supplies
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets) as required
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Oversee staff on a daily basis.
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness.
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence.
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards.
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job.
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests.
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves.
- Participate in large cleaning projects as required.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
- Work experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with cleaning and maintenance tasks for large organisations.
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Excellent organisational and team management skills.
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Mandate knowledge of Chemicals R1-R9
- Must be able to multi-task and take instruction from many sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Listening skills