Website Madcherry Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Luv 2 Serve U
Job Title: Head chef (Chef-de-Cuisine, Executive chef)
Job Brief: We are looking for a Head chef who can manage complete kitchen responsibilities.
Job Type: Full Time
Work Location: Pan India
Interview: Vikhroli, Mumbai
Shift Timings: No fixed working hours! (Rotating shifts)
Working: 6 days working 1 day holiday (Rotating holidays)
Experience: Minimum 5+ years of experience as Head chef or managerial kitchen position.
Salary: As per last drawn (Fixed + Variables)
Education qualification: BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management
Candidate applying for above post should have own laptop
Candidates applying for the above post should be willing to relocate at the required destination. Candidates can be relocated to other cities, states, countries, etc.
Food and accommodation will be provided.
If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have previous kitchen experience, then we want to hear from you. Our busy eatery is experiencing rapid growth, and is in need of a hard-working, self-motivated Executive Chef to join our team. The Executive Chef will manage the kitchen, develop menus and create delectable recipes. The ideal candidate for this position is creative, enthusiastic and passionate about food. Those with previous industry experience and knowledge of Multi-cuisine (Indian, Continental, Italian, French, Chinese, etc.) are encouraged to apply.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Head Chef to organise the kitchen’s activities.
You will be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Generally, an executive chef does very little cooking, but should be able to cook as and when required.
- Their primary role is managing the kitchen and its staff.
- Hire, train, supervise and manage kitchen staff.
- Create menu, develop recipes, plan item pricing, ensuring variety and quality.
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Managing the culinary budget and sometimes purchasing.
- Knowledge of food production methods.
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- The ability to monitor your own performance and that of your colleagues.
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- The ability to organise your time and workload.
- Purchase food and supplies from vendors approved by the company and monitor inventory.
- Ensure that the kitchen and surrounding areas are sanitised and clean in accordance with company standards and health code regulations.
- Stay current on restaurant industry trends
- Identify new culinary techniques and presentations
- Assist kitchen staff with food prep and recipe creation
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain shifts, attendance, and records of payroll
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between coworkers
- Managing and working closely with other Chefs of all levels.
- To oversee the daily food preparation at Kitchen and other places where food is served.
- To direct kitchen staff and handle any food-related concerns.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Great cooking skills and attention to detail.
- Leadership and management skills.
- The ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to inspire others and help them develop
- Proven experience as Head Chef
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
- Must be able to multi-task and take instruction from many sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude.
- Target oriented
- Presentable Personality
- Marketing skills
- Communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Listening skills
- leadership skills.
- Stress management
- Attention to Detail: A chef needs to be precise in ordering food products, measuring the ingredients or figuring out what time to cook certain food items.
- Passion: A great chef has to be passionate about food and cooking. They have to genuinely enjoy the whole process of procuring, preparing, cooking and serving food and have to be able to design menus too.
- Stamina: An essential quality of a true chef is stamina.
- Creative & innovative thinker & planner.
- Ability to work both independently & as an active member of a team.
- Able to prioritise, & manage time efficiently.
- Managing different projects simultaneously & working with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated & self-directed.
- Ability to operate office equipment (fax, copier, mail, etc.)
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Good understanding & expertise in useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS, word processing, database, and spreadsheet software, Google Docs, etc.)
- Ability to learn new and updated software
- Degree in Culinary science, Culinary arts or related certificate
- ServSafe certification.
- Credentials in health and safety training
- American Culinary Federation certification preferred.(would be added benefits.)
- Diploma, computers, word processing and spreadsheet certification (would be added benefits).
- Diploma, Post graduate, Bachelor (BHM) in Hotel Management (would be added benefits.