Website Madcherry Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Luv 2 serve u..
Job Title: Event Management Officer
Job Brief: We are looking for executive, senior executive, Assistant manager, Manager, etc.(from event management industry) who can manage multiple events at a single point of time. Major events will be Parties, Adventure camping, Bike rides, Road trips, etc. at multiple venues(pan India).
Job Type: Full Time
Work Location: Hybrid (Work from home – Work from office – Field work – as per the requirement)
Interview Location : Vikhroli, Mumbai
Shift Timings: 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM (office hours) no fix working hours during events
Working: 5 days working – 2 days Holiday (Rotating shifts)
Experience: Fresher or experience from event management industry. Major events will be Parties, Adventure camping, Bike rides, Road trips, etc. at multiple venues(pan India).
*Note: Candidate having relevant experience from above mentioned events would be considered as experienced or will be considered as fresher.
Salary slab: (Min) Rs.15,000/- Per month (Fixed + Variables) – (Max) As per last drawn (Fixed + Variables)
*Note: Candidates applying for the above post should have their own laptop, good internet connection.
Education qualification: BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management
The role of the event management officer is to support the chair in ensuring the smooth functioning of events organised by the company, they are responsible for planning, organising, design, production, promotion, overall managing and coordinating and profitability of various types of events.
Should be able to delegate many of the tasks and then oversee and support those they delegated to. This is a creative position, sometimes allowing opportunities for testing new ideas and themes.
We are looking for a competent event management officer to oversee and organise events that will make an impact on a target audience. Will have to ensure events are successful and cost effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
An event management officer is, above all, a project management officer who understands the marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organisational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Be in charge of hiring personnel (DJ’s, waiters etc.)
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Manage after event activities
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports
- Training and Development.
- Maintain Company Culture.
- Training, counselling and coaching staff.
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Creating clear and concise reports.
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations.
- Administering appropriate company assessments
- Performing reference and background checks.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPI’s and marketing techniques for event management
- A knack for problem solving
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Good knowledge and understanding about staff requirements.
- Well-organised and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and take instruction from many sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A team player with leadership skills
- Positive attitude.
- Target oriented
- Presentable Personality
- Attention to detail
- Marketing skills
- Outstanding Communication skills and negotiation ability
- Relationship building skills
- Multitasking skills
- Time management skills
- Listening skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of lead generation
- Proficient with data management
- Familiarity with social media
- Proficient in proofreading, spelling, grammar punctuation and maths
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of English language.
- Creative & innovative thinker & planner.
- Ability to work both independently & as an active member of a team.
- Able to prioritise, & manage time efficiently.
- Managing different projects simultaneously & working with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated & self-directed.
- Ability to operate office equipment (fax, copier, mail, etc.)
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks. (Computer savvy)
- Expertise in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software, including Microsoft office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Excel) & Google Docs.
- Ability to learn new and updated software
- BSc/BA in PR, Marketing, Hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Diploma, Post graduate, Bachelor (BHM) in Hotel Management (would be added benefits.
- Diploma, computers, word processing and spreadsheet certification (would be added benefits).