Website Madcherry Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Luv 2 Serve U
Job Title: Business Development Officer (sales) – Fresher / Junior / Senior
Job Brief: We are looking for fresher / junior / senior (Business Development officer / sales) from travel and tourism or hospitality industry, who can handle sales responsibilities.
Job Type: Full time (Hybrid module)
Freelance (Work from home)
Work mode: Full time – Hybrid (On site – Work from office – Field work – Work from home as per the requirement)
Freelance (Work from home)
*Note: We do not have complete work from home option for full time job type.
Interview Location : Vikhroli, Mumbai
Shift Timings: 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM
Working: 5 days working – 2 days Holiday (Rotating shifts)
Experience: Fresher or maximum experience of 4 years in sales from travel and tourism or hospitality industry can apply.
*Note: Candidate having relevant experience from from travel and tourism or hospitality industry would be considered as experienced or will be considered as fresher.
Salary slab: (Min) Rs.15,000/- Per month (Fixed + Variables) – (Max) Rs.40,000/- Per month (Fixed + Variables)
*Note: Candidates applying for the above post should have their own laptop, good internet connection.
Education qualification: Diploma / Graduate in Travel and tourism (any related certification)
BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management (not compulsory, but will be an added advantage)
The role of the Business Development Officer is to generate leads, schedule meetings, develop new business opportunities, increase sales revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow. Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform regular market search for new clients (hotels & Resorts, Restaurants & Bar, Café, Pub, Club, Gymkhana, etc.)
- Cold call to prospective customers, schedule meetings, generate leads
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Communicate, follow up, tie up with new clients
- Build strong relationships with clients.
- Client management
- Daily follow up
- Negotiate deals
- After sales service
- Maintain database
- Research and identify new business opportunities, new markets, growth, areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, services, or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Attend various hotel industry programs and conferences
- Develop sales strategy and onboard new customers
- Build strong relationships with industry professionals, competitors, vendors and other personnel
- Contribute to the reputation of the organization by entering and achieving professional awards
- Support team members
- Work strategically carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Have a good understanding of the business products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Providing management with feedback
Requirements & Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry’s sales field.
- Knowledge and understanding of data management.
- Well-organised and detail-oriented
- Market knowledge
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- Must be able to multi-task and take instruction from many sources
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Positive attitude
- Target oriented
- Convincing power
- Presentable Personality
- Hospitality industries sales experience
- Ability to explain the product and convince client
- Excellent presentation skills and negotiation skills
- Proficient in proofreading, spelling, grammar punctuation and math
- Familiarity with hospitality industries Products and further documentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent grasp of English language
- Creative & innovative thinker & planner
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work both independently & as an active member of a team
- Able to prioritise, & manage time efficiently
- Managing different projects simultaneously & working with strict deadlines
- Self-motivated & self-directed
- Proficiency in MS office, Google docs, etc.
- Ability to learn new and updated software
- Diploma / Degree in Travel and Tourism (compulsory)
- BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management (would be added benefit)
- Master of Business Administration – Sales (would be added benefit)
- Degree / Diploma, computers, word processing and spreadsheet certification (would be added benefit)