Website Madcherry Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
Luv 2 Serve U
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Brief: Admin work, recruitment, social media handle
- An administrative assistant in the hospitality industry typically provides administrative support to management and staff within a hotel, resort, restaurant, or other hospitality-related business.
- Full time
Type of Company: Hospitality Industry
- Gymkhana clubs
- Full time – On site – Work from office
Work Location: Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Candidate applying for the above post should be from nearby location (From Airoli to Belapur)
Interview Location : Vikhroli, Mumbai
Shift Timings: 10.00 AM to 7.00 PM
- 6 days working
- 1 days Holiday
- Rotating shifts
- Minimum – Fresher
- Maximum – Experience up to 1 year as sales executive, human resources – talent acquisition, administrative work from hospitality industry who can handle talent acquisition, sales support, administrative & operations responsibilities can apply.
- Candidate having relevant experience from from travel and tourism or hospitality industry would be considered as experienced or will be considered as fresher.
- Rs.15,000/- Per month (Fixed + Variables)
- Salary offered is fix + Variables, but target oriented.
- Candidates applying for the above post should be compulsory target oriented.
- Candidates applying for the above post should have their own laptop, good internet connection.
- BBM – Bachelor of Business Management
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- Diploma / Graduate in Travel and tourism (any related certification)
- BHM – Bachelor of Hotel Management (not compulsory, but will be an added advantage)
An administrative assistant in the hospitality industry plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of the business and providing support to management and staff. They must be organised, detail-oriented, and able to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment. They should also possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform general administrative duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and managing calendars.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and events for management and staff.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and accommodations for management, employees and guests.
- Assist with budgeting and financial management by processing invoices and tracking expenses.
- Manage and maintain files, records, and databases for the hospitality business.
- Assist with human resources tasks such as recruiting, onboarding, and maintaining personnel records.
- Create reports, presentations, and other documents for management and staff.
- Coordinate special projects, events, and promotions for the hospitality business.
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests and clients by answering questions, resolving complaints, and addressing concerns.
- Assist with marketing and social media efforts by managing accounts and creating content.
- Office management and supervising staff.
- Overseeing headship pupils working in the office.
- Welcoming guests, replying to the queries and directing them to suitable personnel.
- Managing telephone calls, supplying and getting data and directly talking to a suitable person.
- Keeping a check on the inventory of office materials and normal office supplies.
- Ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minute.
- Maintaining effective records and administration
- Upholding the legal requirements of company law
- Communication and correspondence
- Coordinate with top management.
- Maintain the consistency & quality-standards of company’s communication across different channels.
- Consistently brainstorming & collaborating with team for new ideas & strategies
- Review, edit, & proof-read content submitted by team members to ensure it is engaging, addressing buyer persona & is grammatically & factually-correct.
Requirements & Qualifications
Organisational Skills: An administrative assistant must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise effectively, and ensure deadlines are met.
Communication Skills: They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with guests, employees, and management.
Customer Service Skills: They must be able to handle clients inquiries and complaints in a professional and courteous manner, providing exceptional service to guests.
Attention to Detail: An administrative assistant must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy in records, reports, and other documentation.
Time Management Skills: They must be able to manage their time effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines and accomplish tasks within a fast-paced environment.
Interpersonal Skills: They must have good interpersonal skills to work effectively with colleagues, guests, and management.
Flexibility: They must be adaptable to change and willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities as needed.
Problem-Solving Skills: They must have the ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly and effectively.
Teamwork Skills: They must be able to work collaboratively with others and contribute to a positive work environment.
IT skills are essential for an administrative assistant in the hospitality industry as technology plays a critical role in managing and operating various aspects of the business. Some of the IT skills required for an administrative assistant in the hospitality industry include:
Technical Skills: They must be proficient in using computer software such as Microsoft Office, database management systems, and other specialised software programs.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, which are commonly used for managing reservations, creating reports, tracking expenses, and communicating with guests, colleagues, and management.
Knowledge of Hospitality Management Systems: Administrative assistants in the hospitality industry should have a basic understanding of property management systems, such as Opera, Fidelio, or Guestware, which are used to manage guest reservations, check-ins, checkouts, room inventory, and other operations.
Point-of-Sale Systems: They should have knowledge of point-of-sale (POS) systems used in restaurants, bars, and retail stores to process transactions and manage inventory.
Social Media Management: An administrative assistant should have basic knowledge of social media platforms and tools such as Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to manage social media accounts and create engaging content.
Data Entry and Management: They should have the ability to input, update, and manage data using database management systems such as Oracle, SQL, or Access.
Online Booking and Payment Systems: Knowledge of online booking platforms such as Booking.com, Expedia, or Airbnb, and payment systems such as PayPal or Stripe is also essential for an administrative assistant in the hospitality industry.
Basic Networking: Knowledge of basic networking concepts, such as LAN, WAN, and Wi-Fi, can be helpful in troubleshooting network connectivity issues and ensuring a smooth operation of the IT infrastructure.
Overall, IT skills are essential for an administrative assistant in the hospitality industry to manage and operate the various aspects of the business efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to operate office equipment (fax, copier, mail, etc.)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Proficient in proofreading, spelling, grammar punctuation and math
- Ability to learn new and updated software
- Positive attitude.
- Target oriented
- Presentable Personality
- Knowledge of medical or legal terminology
- Proficient with tape transcription and ability to take shorthand
- Familiarity with File Site, a document management system
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent grasp of English language.
- Creative & innovative thinker & planner.
- Ability to work both independently & as an active member of a team.
- Able to prioritise, & manage time efficiently.
- Managing different projects simultaneously & working with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated & self-directed.
Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration, or a related field may be required for administrative assistant positions in larger hotel chains or corporate offices. This degree can provide more advanced knowledge in hospitality management, accounting, marketing, and other business skills.
Professional Certifications: Preferred administrative assistants to have professional certifications such as Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) to demonstrate their competency and knowledge in administrative and hospitality management.